Thursday, June 28, 2012

Did It and Pictures

I can't believe MonkeySee is already gearing up for his senior year of high school.

Senior Portraits - Action Shot

I keep doing the math, but this can't possibly be right. At the same time, I kind of can't wait for the adventure that's going to unfold for him. Senior year is kind of awesome.

And it's going to suck. Mostly for me.

Taking inspiration from the inspirational, I read one of my poems at the last Midtown Out Loud:

Reading at Midtown Out Loud

The Monkeys went with me to a Summer Soiree and indulged me in a ridiculous amount of Pool Antics Photography.

Action stars. I'm raising them.
Totally my favorite.

Here's MonkeyDo wrangling both dogs after their baths this past weekend.

All clean! Except the middle one. Enhanced

Here's a pro-tip if you own more than one dog: you can totally wash more than one dog in the 25 minutes a dog wash token gives you. Unless one of those dogs is Gomi and you spend a ginormous chunk of time getting all the crud out and attempting to return her to her beautifully white (not yellow) glory.

Eventually you give up, but you still have to ask the staff for more time because that dog takes forever to dry.

2 comments:

Tarot By Arwen said...

Pro groomer tip. I used to keep a bottle of Mrs. Stewart's Bluing at my shop. I'd put just a bit in a gallon of water and rinse the white dogs after bathing.

http://www.mrsstewart.com/pdf/animalingestion.pdf

I learned about it from a lady who showed poodles. Never had a problem with it. Don't use too much or Gomi will turn blue! :D

dolphyngyrl said...

I'm going to assume the first step is getting the crud off... And, yeah. She's a grody dog.