Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Dogs by the Sea

On Saturday - my first free Saturday in six weeks! - we took both dogs to Bodega Bay.

Going bye bye!

They were pretty excited.

Gomi by the Sea

After lunch, I had the brilliant idea to take a photo of Bixby & Gomi together with the ocean in the background.

Bixby by the sea

This is possibly more complicated than it seems like it should be.

And again

While the dogs were mostly well behaved during the trip, one of them counter surfed the top half of my sandwich. Because clearly I am out of practice with having food in the open around dogs.

And again

After scolding Bixby (of course it was Bixby) and retreiving the parts he stole, I gave them to Gomi.

Again

Who refused to eat them.

Bixby & Gomi by the Sea
Success! Kind of.

All things considered, it was a pretty good day. I hope the dogs had fun. Since they were mostly well behaved, I see more outings in our future.

Awake

I have to say that it's kind of nice to finally be able to take Bixby some places without him acting like a total asshole.

Asleep

Dog parks are definitely still on the "not even kind of" list.

Oh, well.

2 comments:

Wine Dog said...

He's cute when he's sleeping.

dolphyngyrl said...

He's cute all the time, but he's definitely less shitheady when he's sleeping.