Monday, November 08, 2010

Thirty Days of Truth - Day 20

Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.

Gah. I hate this question.

I have a fascination with both and part of my disappointment with always being such a goody two shoes is never having experimented with things like ecstacy or 'shrooms or LSD.

Maybe that's stupid. Maybe it's better that I never did. I don't know.

Mostly I feel like drugs and alcohol are, in and of themselves, relatively harmless. I think the places we take them are what's dangerous. I think so many of us are so prone to addictions and alcohol and drugs are so highly addictive and that's when it becomes a problem.

And, of course, the addictions being such a problem that it's really hard to act like drugs and alcohol are completely innocent. Of course they're not.

I think for normal people, they can be a part of a normal lifestyle. But for most of us, it's best to tread with caution.

No comments: