Sunday, November 07, 2010

Day Seven

Tonight SweetPea and I attended the annual LGBT Service of Remberance. It was a beautiful service and in a beautiful cathedral and I hope we can make attending a tradition.

The local service for the International Transgender Day of Remberance is coming up November 20th, and I intend to attend that as well.

Why are they separate?

I don't know.

I don't know why we feel the need to separate ourselves into parts. But I noticed some things tonight that were truly disheartening to me. I can't quite put it into words right now. I'm hoping to work on eloquence in the next day or two.

In the meantime, I think each and every one of you, no matter your orientation, should go read this piece on heterosexual priveledge.

1 comment:

Susan said...

thanks for posting that link! it brings up an excellent point!