Thursday, April 12, 2012

An Open Letter to Gym Goers

Dear Random Women Who Use the Shower at the Gym,

The fuck is wrong with you?

I do not understand why you feel it is acceptable to leave a communal shower in the state that you leave it in.

I do not want to shower with your hairs all over the wall.

I do not want to shower with the wads of hair you left in the drain or on top of the soap dispenser (what?). You are clearly losing more hair than even I, and you maybe want to get that checked out.

I do not want to shower with the tampon you left dangling from the shower caddy (yes, really).

I do not want to shower with errant bobby pins or bandaids or whatever was left in your sample bottle of soap.

I do not understand why you feel it is appropriate to leave these things behind when you shower.

Do you believe that shower fairies come along behind you and clean the shower? I can assure you this isn't so.

I assume you are the same women who feel it is appropriate to hover over public toilets because they're "filthy", notwithstanding that the filthiest thing about them is the urine you just sprayed all over the seat for the next person.

Knock it off.

I suspect that you do not want to shower with any of these things, either. Why do you believe that others do?

Please have some courtesy for the other women that use these showers.

If you do not know how, please ask someone.

Your mother isn't here to clean up after you, there are no shower fairies, and the dude that hoses out the showers only does so once a day.

With Love,

I'm Cranky & I Haven't Had Coffee, Yet

PS: Apparently I'm not the only one annoyed by gym antics this week. You can check out Page's take on it here.

1 comment:

Susan said...

amen!