Friday, April 13, 2012

Updates - Dollar Shave Club & The Color Run

So I was able to get online & sign up for Dollar Shave Club. They were a little overwhelmed by the response, so shipping took longer than expected (they refunded the charge for my first month, so I'm ok with waiting). I received my first package recently, and it looked like this:

First delivery from Dollar Shave Club!
Pretty slick!

I got the middle of the road razor, The 4X. The handle was heavy and well made - much nicer than the plastic handle I've been using for years. This is definitely going to last awhile. I was a little underwhelmed by the razor blade. The blades themselves were certainly sharp, but felt kind of sticky when I used it. The cartridges I'm used to have a more slick feel from the cartridge lubricant.

Overall, it was still a good, close shave, and I'm sure the difference was more based in years of using one brand of razor.

In other news from the same post, I discovered recently that the Color Run is coming to Sacramento in August! If you want to run on Susan's team with us, send me an email for the information.

You know you want to.

No comments: