Thursday, November 17, 2011

Update on Sweets Sabbatical

I know what you're all thinking.

And, no.

The Sweets Sabbatical did not fail miserably and I haven't been hiding in shame.

In fact, this is day five of the Sweets Sabbatical and I am still on track.

I know, right?

Here are some things I didn't expect from the Sweets Sabbatical:

1. I haven't been craving sweets. Here & there, maybe, but nowhere near as much as I'd have expected to be.

2. I'm hungry. The thing is, I haven't been replacing sweets with anything. I had no idea, really, that sweets took up such a big fat chunk of my daily caloric intake, but their absence? Um. Yeah. I'm noticing.

3. Headaches. I've had a headache by the end of every day. I'm guessing this is a combination of the calorie reduction and the absence of sweets. I did check in with an online calorie tracker and verified that my intake hasn't dropped below reasonably health levels. In case you were wondering.

I haven't been blogging because the hunger & munchies have made me obsessed with finding stuff to eat. Mostly I try to ignore it, but it's such a huge part of what's going on in my brain that sometimes there isn't much else in there. I did get some of that 100 calorie popcorn for times of desperate measure, but I figured that's really not that big of a deal, all things considered.

As long as I'm sticking to one bag. You know.

In other news, I'm working on getting back on track with working out. It's still kind of hit & miss, but, since my training season is over, I'm really not that concerned. I know I should be doing more, but I'm not beating myself up about it.

Because why?

I'll be starting my next training season December 1st and I have a lot of work to do. I'm not going to stress if I kind of take a break right now.

California Family Fitness is starting their iAMgroupFit program again on Monday. You fill a punch card by taking fitness classes and, when it's full, you get a t-shirt and you get entered into a drawing for prizes. I don't expect to win prizes, but the t-shirt is cool. Since I'll be off work all of next week, I'm already filling my calendar with potential classes. Because you know that's my favorite part of staycations - working out.

I know.

I don't know what's wrong with me, either.

PS:

I also submitted a membership request to a local trail running group. I'd really like to run trails more often, but I don't have anyone to run with and - as you know - I'm super slow. I'm hopeful that this will help me get some trails in.

1 comment:

GrumpyGranny said...

I don't know what you're training for, but I need to do the same thing. I trained for a big event and now it's over and I feel like the biggest slug in the world. So, good luck on your training and I hope I won't be too far behind you!

GG