Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Totally Random Tuesday

In case you were wondering why I've pretty much stopped selling things on etsy, here's a pretty good summation of why. And because I just don't have the time to maintain all the crazy crap that "successful etsians" suggest for promoting your shop. And then, of course, there are the "successful etsians" who are all "I don't do all that crap, my shop just took off. Woo!" And I just don't have enough friends, family & blog followers to really make my shop successful.

Surprisingly.

It also doesn't help that this shit actually sold. That's right. Two dozen #2 pencils sold for $15 plus $10 shipping. Hey, for $6.58, you can get 24 Ticonderoga pre-sharpened #2 pencils. Does anyone else have an inexplicable attachment to pencils that look like this? Just me? Moving on.

As my dad says, some people have more money than sense. Which doesn't explain why they wouldn't buy my stuff. I guess that's because I don't have time to relist items all day long and post constantly to the forums and to comment on random blog posts.

What am I doing instead, you might ask? Um. No idea.

But I did donate a print of SweetPea's to the Gender Bender Ball's Art Auction. Other than that, I really have no idea and I'm kind of focusing on my word art and, also, That One Art Project That Will Probably Involve a Blow Torch.

Who just called their Insurance Guy to ask about fire insurance?

In totally unrelated news, have you ever wondered what Bixby the Wonder Freak sounds like in Real Life? This is totally your luck day. Here's a video of my Main Man losing his shit over a squirrel at the park. Go ahead and crank the sound. You know you want to.



This is a pretty typical reaction to squirrels. Also cats, birds, dogs on leashes and people who might look like they want to give him a treat. Not all the time. He's honestly not quite that bad. But when he does wig out? This is what it looks like.

This is why you never get to go anywhere fun, Bixby.

Ok, fine. You really can't hear one without hearing the other. So here's Miss Gomi, a.k.a. "Gome-slice", singing.



Do y'all have any idea how many times I've tried to get you a video of that?

Finally, randomly, this almost kind of funny video demonstrates how cult-like disciples of specific workout regimes can be.



Not that I haven't totally sounded like this about yoga or anything.

*ahem*

One more? OK. I totally snaked this from Drunk Cyclist because it cracked me the fuck up. I love how excited everyone gets when a rider takes something.

Tour of Utah - Queen Stage - Wacky Food Hand Ups from Roots Culture Connect on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Wine dog said...

I love him. Or maybe I own his brother.