Monday, February 07, 2011

Race Weekend - The Beginning

Race weekend started with a trip to REI. Because I needed* more nuun. Because hydration is key.

I also got this guy:

REI Spoils

I snapped this up as soon as I saw it. I run with my iPod, and the combination of a loose cord & my flailing limbs means I catch my thumb on the cord frequently. I would not be surprised if my first "running injury" is a dislocated thumb. I am that klutztastic. Hopefully Curvyman can alleviate this situation for me.

REI Spoils

I got this for SweetPea. I thought it would appeal to her not-so-inner Germaphobe. She was disappointed that it does not work like hand sanitizer. But the joke's on her, because MonkeyDo & I totally used this for washing our hands in the bathrooms at the race.

REI Spoils

I don't know that I've mentioned this, but my Drink of Choice from Starbucks has become the Doppio con Panna, which is a double shot of espresso with a shot of whipped cream. I really like it, especially when the baristas remember that it's not a frappuccino & doesn't require that much whipped cream. I've been lamenting the lack of wee travel mugs, and was super excited to spot this little guy. Perfectly sized for my Starbucks drink or for a double shot of espresso with creamer when I'm at home. Hurrah!

What's in your purse?

The real reason for the trip, of course, being more nuun. The selection at REI was kind of small, so SweetPea ended up stopping for me at Fleet Feet to pick up a couple more tubes. This is a combination of what I got for the weekend and what I already had. I tossed it all in my purse so that it would be with me no matter where we were. But I get the feeling this might look a little... Weird?

I suspect you are waiting for a report on the actual race? I hope to have that posted in the morning. Thanks for your patience!

*And by "needed", I mean "had a neurotic compulsion to not be near running out of".

No comments: