Before I get too far off track, let's go with a quick year-end wrap up:
2010 was the year that:
1. I didn't think my marriage was going to survive. Really. I plan to get into this in more detail soon, but for now I'll just say that I feel very thankful to report that we're starting 2011 stronger than ever & continuing our fight for "us".
2. The year I started running. For real. I completed three 5K's, including one with an obstacle course, mud pits and a water crossing. And it was awesome!
3. The year I found out how far I could push myself and how quickly I could bounce back for more. My workout schedule will never be the same.
4. The year I sent my wife to spend 10 days with her brother in Maryland. Literally the longest & farthest we've ever been apart, and including one weekend of pure myself-ness. It was her first time flying in over 8 years. A grand adventure for both of us, and a good learning experience in our own self-reliance after 8 years of working as a team.
5. The year I gave up diet Coke.
6. The year I fell in love with yoga.
7. The year we lost more friends. And gained others by the fistful.
2010 was a hard year. I'm not going to lie. But it was a year in which we discovered how strong we really are. How much we can do. And how far we can go.
2011 will be the year we put all of that in motion to move forward.
Highlights of 2010, in pictures:
Really awesome coworkers.
The most I will ever weigh.
We went to the fair!
Can & did.
Did I mention my awesome fucking coworkers?
Too much good shit.
I think the thing that blows me away the most about 2010 is that I can look back & see how bad it was, how bad it got, how hard.... But, overwhelmingly, it was full to the brim with so much love and light and laughter and good that even the hardest times are barely a blip on the radar. And that's the way I like it.