Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week Six & a Scale Check

Week Six of Podrunner Intervals looked like this:

Saturday: Oops!

Monday: 5.11km, 30:21 minutes, pace average 5:57 minutes per km.

Wednesday: 6km, 32:18 minutes, pace average 5:23 minutes per km.

Tuesday Morning Scale Check was like this: -5 pounds from last week: 270 pounds.

Yoga: Monday morning, Tuesday morning, Tuesday afternoon

This morning was the very last "interval" session of my Podrunner workouts. From here on out, it's warm up, running, cool down. As you can see, I'm already clearing 5K in distance, but that's with the warm up & cool down. Only 9 more Podrunner workouts until my very first 5K!

In other news, last week I was on my period, and it was a lazy week. I even skipped yoga most of the week. But I did my best to eat as clean as possible, and, hey, I seemed to have survived the scale check with good results.

This week my goal is to hit every planned yoga class. Three down with two to go, and my body feels just so much better when it's in "yoga pain". I even got compliments on my progress from the Monday night instructor, who seems genuinely excited about it. The afternoon & evening classes seem to be more significant butt-kickings than the morning classes. Which is a nice combo.

I also want to add something to my otherwise "rest day" Sunday. I'd prefer my rest day to be Friday, even though that seems counter intuitive. Most races will be on the weekend, though, so I think a Friday rest day makes the most sense. I'm thinking about hitting the gym for swimming Sunday mornings. Would it be weird to add a weights routine to one day a week and not any others?

Anywho! I just wanted to take a moment to catch up with y'all. Work has still be slamming, so I haven't had much time to write. It's a good time, don't get me wrong, but I've spent a lot of time recently asking "What day is it?" I swear the only reason I've known the answer to that is if I can figure out what workout I'm supposed to be doing that day. Even last night, on the way to yoga, I was all "What? It's only Tuesday?"

Yup.

No comments: