Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Different Kind of Conference

Ah, it's that time of year again. The annual BlogHer Conference is fast approaching and the internets are abuzz with excitement.

Do I even have to clarify that I won't be going?

Of course not. I'm not one of the Cool Kids.

I don't spend all my time hanging out in Bloglandia, networking and complaining about how broke I am before flying to New York (right?) for a multi-day conference.

*ahem*

Not that I'm bitter!

Of course, as y'all know, I am a state worker, so I am, for reals, broke as a joke. Fly to New York, get a hotel for a few nights & pay conference entrance fees? Pah-ha!

Right.

So I was on twitter last night talking about how I should just host my own women blogger's conference.

I'd have naked yoga at sunrise, followed by a leisurely breakfast in big, fluffy beds. Manis, pedis, massages & facials. Then naps followed by dinner, dancing & drinking.

Doesn't that sounds like an awesome time? Like a slumber party for possibly slightly kinky grown ups.

Because. You know I talk about naked yoga like, sure, that's only natural, how we were created, blah blah blah. But really I think I'm probably just a pervert. Then again, I think we're all perverted. And there's nothing wrong with that. I think what we call "perversion" itself is normal and natural and the people who try so hard to repress and hide it are the ones who end up hateful and messed up and broken.

I don't even know where all this is coming from. Maybe I've spent too much time trying to split the difference between being in my own head and being pulled in 70 directions at once. I'm tired and I don't have time to sit and write and explore like I like to.

I'm running out of energy for this week, but this week isn't done with me, yet. I've got two big days left, one of which includes something I've never, ever done before: present an entire, probably day long class, all by myself. This isn't even on my "bucket list", but it's just something I gotta do and I'm not even really nervous and, you know what? I've totally got this.

I do.

But when I finally get the chance to slow it down? Spending some quiet time with some beautiful, intelligent, witty & loving women sounds like an excellent good time. Especially if it involves three of my favorite things: naked, sunrise & yoga.

No comments: