Thursday, July 01, 2010

Through July 1, 2010

Tuesday afternoon I did finally make it to the Tuesday 5:30pm yoga. It's the same instructor as Tuesday & Thursday mornings, so she was happy to see me back for another session. We did a routine with Pigeon Pose and with a pose she referred to as a three legged male dog at a fire hydrant. A variation of down dog, I imagine you can figure the rest out.

The heat early this week affected our sleep, and by Tuesday night I was Wiped Out. It also cooled down Tuesday night, so I was able to get some really good sleep.

A lot of really good sleep, actually. I ended up missing my morning time slot for intervals. I had a half day at work, so I had lunch with SweetPea followed by a nice, long nap. I did my intervals about 8:30 that night to avoid the worst of the day's heat. It was pretty nice, actually.

Except for the part with the dogs. But they were ok. Funny how so many dogs are sure loud and showy until they get right up on you and they don't really know what to do after that. Dogs aren't a problem at 4:30 in the morning.

Podrunner Intervals, Week Three, Day Two looks like this: 3.84km, 25:59 minutes, pace average 6:46 minutes per km.

Today is bracketed with yoga. I did the 5:30am yoga this morning and I plan to hit the 7pm yoga tonight. As much as I love my am instructor, I enjoy the variety of different instructors. I like the Thursday night instructor's routine, and she seems to be pretty regular with what she does.

Tomorrow I get to put Week Three of Intervals to bed and I am so excited.

I'm off a few days next week and I've already spent some time finding various fitness classes I can fit in during times I'm usually at work. I'm excited! I think this means I've finally & officially turned to The Dark Side because I'm loading my Staycation with workouts. Ha.

Which brings me to a pertinent question:

How much yoga in one day is too much? Is there such a thing?

Really.

PS: I'll have a June Challenge Wrap Up post in the next few days.

No comments: