Sunday, July 25, 2010

Goals

The thinnest I've ever been is about 125 pounds. Of course, I was thin. I wasn't fit or active or muscular.

Really, I've never been any of those things.

So when I get on that scale every Tuesday to track my progress, it really begs the question: What is my goal?

How much do I plan on losing?

What is my goal weight?

Hey, guess what? No idea!

My goals, at least lately, haven't at all been about weight. Like I said, I've never been FIT or athletic. I do know enough to know that being athletic affects how much I weigh. We all know muscle weighs more than fat, right? I can't even imagine what my body might look like when I'm "done".

But I get on that scale each week for validtaion that I am working in the right direction. I do know that I have a long way to go and will drop a lot of weight along the way.

But I don't have a "goal weight". And, sometimes, that feels so very strange.

No comments: