Sunday, July 25, 2010

On Boobs & Priorities

If you've been around long enough, you may remember a post I did about how much I enjoyed the new Cacique bras that I had recently purchased.

Well, see. The thing about it is that I haven't purchased new bras since then.

So it should not be particularly surprising that, one by one, my bras have started giving up the fight. Underwires are poking through inappropriately. I snapped one underwire while trying to move it through the channel and away from the hole.

And then, last week during the height of a work-induced stress-fest, something completely unexpected happened: I bent over, and the underwire in the last decent bra I had snapped like a twig.

*sigh*

I am now relegated to back up bras until I have the time & financial breathing room to rebuild my collection. You know back up bras: those bras in your collection that are not nearly as flattering or comfortable as your favorites. The ones you only wear if you absolutely have to.

SweetPea offers to take me to get more, but it's the end of the month, and funds are tight, and there are better and more important ways to spend what we do have. And it's not like I don't have bras. They're just not the ones I like the most. I can totally live with them until things are better.

Yesterday, while at the store, I started doing some browsing, though. I was determined to pick out a replacement, even though funds are tight and even though I can technically make it with what I have for awhile longer.

What did I end up purchasing?

A pair of workout pants to replace the ones that recently came down with a bad case of Bleach Stained Ass.

My priorities? They may have shifted.

No comments: