Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Random. With Pictures!


My afternoon snack. I know, I know! In a perfect world, I would not require an afternoon snack. But this is not a perfect world. This is Crazy Ass Fat Girl Land. Where some days are measured by how long until the next time I get to eat something.

I know. My life is so thrilling.

I got back in the saddle, so to speak, today for the first time in an obscenely long time and walked on my lunch break. The sucky part is that it's all concrete and barely any trees or shade. So it's very hot. And bright. Did I mention hot?

And then, towards the end, something no person with allergies at the end of a long, hot, tiring walk wants to see:


The sidewalk being eaten by pollen weeds and you're too tired to take a (much longer) alternate route.

Sucktastic!

I'm trying really hard to get back into the swing of working out. My motivational abilities have abandoned me. As have my skillz at waking up on time. It is truly the suck. I cannot figure out what's wrong with me.

I'm planning on actually going to "deep stretch" yoga tonight, even though I really don't care for it. I want to try to make it to "mixed levels" yoga tomorrow night, which I enjoy much more. I'm planning to walk every day. At some point. And I'm hoping to get back to a strength training routine by the weekend.

I want to do the Spartacus workout from the Big Book of Exercises, but it also kind of scares me. I'm just hoping it's the right kind of scary hard.

In totally unrelated news, I believe I've talked here about my gum obsession? I saw a commercial for Stride Mega Mystery Gum and couldn't believe I didn't have any! So everywhere I went I looked for it for weeks until I finally found some!

In Petaluma!

I'm pretty excited about it. I think it's very pineapple. There's no coconut to it, so I don't think pina colada. I wonder what the actual flavor is. Intrigued!

Saturday I'm heading out to support one of our local Roller Derby teams. They're having a car wash fundraiser, which is nice and Barnahbus can definitely use a bath. The kicker, though, and the reason I'm going is because they're throwing in dog washing, too! Hot damn! Good luck to them, because my fat girl does not enjoy bath time. I, however, will thoroughly enjoy not being the one to bathe her. For once.

Finally, I'm leaving y'all with this. It was forwarded around work today and yes I'm sure you have all already seen it. Get over it. It's funny.

No comments: