Tuesday, May 25, 2010

All Over the Map. Kind of.

This is the stew I made yesterday in the crockpot. I'm having it with a sandwich for lunch today. Mmm, leftovers!

I made it because I planned on going to the 7pm Mixed Levels Yoga class at my gym, so dinner had to be something that didn't require a lot of time in the evening. We had mounds of stuff left over from the funeral reception*, including about a ton of sliced onions, baby carrots and celery. Sound like a plan?

I tossed a bunch of the onions in, sliced, just as they came. I chopped the carrots and celery into smaller pieces and chopped up a few potatoes. I added a can of diced tomatoes and some "vegetarian chicken broth" powder that I picked up at a local natural foods store. Covered with vegetable broth and a drizzle of EVOO and left it on low all day.

Of course it turned out very good. I probably could have used less onion. Or chopped them more. But I like onion, so it was fine by me.

Tonight I'm making veggie burgers, and I think Thursday the crockpot will get another workout with something splitpea-like.

I don't know why I'm talking so much about food. Obsessed? Maybe.

I had such a great day yesterday and I am so proud of myself! I walked just over 5K on lunch and went to yoga in the evening. Plus I primarily ate produce all day. In fact, I can tell you the non-produce I had: coffee, oatmeal, mozzarella, balsamic vinaigrette, half a luna bar and one slice of sourdough bread. OK, fine, and Powerade Zero.

See? What an awesome day. Especially compared to how it's been going lately.

I don't even know why I'm talking about all of this except to keep y'all informed. I haven't mentioned it yet here (because there hasn't been much to mention), but I started a separate blog for my workouts and food rantings. Because I'm trying to make a point to blog about that stuff every day that I have a workout to record and I'm sure y'all don't need to be constantly reading about that stuff here. I'm also hoping to actually blog about different types of workout and fitness related things. Because, really, are there enough fitness blogs? Written by fat girls? Right.

Oh, shut it.

So I totally, well, can't do any of those three things right now, but that doesn't stop me from having been totally enamored of this race since I was wee. It's two years older than I am! Sounds like a goal to me. What about you?

Right now I'm really not interested in blogging about funeral stuff, and I feel well and truly derailed from the things I planned to blog about before grandmother passed. I'm hoping to get back on track soon. But I'm totally not above taking subject suggestions.

*We had the funeral reception catered. Because we're not stupid. OK and because we have connections. If you're local and need totally awesome catering, let me know and I'll hook you up.

No comments: