Wednesday, January 21, 2009

An Open Letter to Cacique

Dear Cacique,

I never thought I'd say this, but I am in love.

I used to wear your bras a couple of years back, but they were not without their problems (including the price!).

Recently, Lane Bryant was having a killer bra sale and, not one to pass up a good deal and having recently heard rave reviews about them, I went in to try some on.

I grabbed a couple of these and made for a dressing room.

The first thing I found out was that there was no way it was going to work if I used my normal cup size - so I went up a cup and tried again. The fit was great and they looked awesome, so I took four home with me.

I didn't, however, really have any idea about how awesome they were until I wore one "for reals" the next day.

All I can say is: OMG.

I have literally never worn a more comfortable bra.

Ever.

Which is saying a lot for a bra that's filled with padding, underwires, and definitely does not sport full coverage.

I did not find myself sagging out under the underwire. There was no binding, pinching, inappropriate underwire poking or "quad boobs"*. I did not feel like I was wearing a modified bodice or device of torture. The straps didn't dig into my shoulders or sag off of them.

Other than what it was doing for my cleavage, I felt, quite literally, like I wasn't even wearing a bra.

Cacique, if you had any idea of the bra issues I have had, and the ways in which I have cursed and given up on the bra industry in the past, you may understand how miraculous it feels to find a bra that is as awesome as this plunge thing of yours.

I am so glad I decided to throw caution and prior experience to the wind and try on a bra style that has never worked for me in the past.

I am so glad that you are taking support garments for fat women so seriously that you have created a bra as fabulous as this.

I am even willing to pay full price for a bra this awesome (not that I did, but that's maybe a story for another time). And, Cacique, that is saying something.

Much Love,
Astonishingly Perky in Northern California

*When your tits "bubble" out of the top of a bra as a noticeably divided section - making it look like you have four boobs. And, no, Urban Dictionary, it is not a good look.

Multimedia message

Four bras for $54, after tax? That's less than I was paying for Playtex Wirefree bras! I saved $103 - now that's some awesome shopping!

2 comments:

Dawn Fortune said...

Very nice. You are going to send it to both Lane Bryant and Cacique people, right? They need to know when they do something good.

Gruppie Girl said...

I used to shop there in high school. The store dissapeared in the North East. I thought it want out of business.