Thursday, May 22, 2008

And Have Ourselves a Snack!

I keep forgetting to mention this.

Y'all are no strangers to my cake obsession.

And even I thought that I was pretty ridiculous about it.

But now I don't feel so bad about my cake obsession at all.

There's this group of women in my office (I really want to call them girls, because they're all way early 20's and act like teenyboppers) that break and lunch together. Break always consists of snack time in the breakroom. There's between 3 and 6 of them, depending on the day and who felt like showing up.

This week they have something extra special for break time snacking.

You see, one of them brought in a cake for snack time.

A full sized round cake with the big ass buttercream frosting.

CAKE.

She even went so far as to write her name on the cake cover, so that the rest of the office would know that this was her cake, and not communal office cake.

Because it would totally be the end of the world if someone had a slice of her snack time cake.


PS: the title comes from a jingle from I-have-no-idea-when. I don't even remotely remember where I saw it, but it was on the tv... Commercial, video, no idea. Anyway, it was back when I was pregnant with Monkey See, and every time I would head out to the kitchen to get a snack, I would sing this jingle to my swollen baby belly.

"Let's go out to the kitchen... Let's go out to the kitchen... Let's go out to the kitchen and have ourselves a snack!"

No comments: