Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fitness Apparel for Tightwads - An Oxymoron?

When I first started my "fitness journey", I got really lucky.

Really.

I found three sports bras at WalMart for about $10 each that were comfortable, easy to wear and super supportive. I have tried to find these bras again to no avail.

Lucky, I'm telling you.

Now it's four years later and did you know that, for runners, especially, sports bras have a "mileage life", much like our shoes? This depends on a number of factors, but the going consensus is that your sports bra should not have a birthday.

Four years later, my sports bras are clearly showing signs of giving up the ghost. They're mostly still sound, but there's a concerning amount of give that I know is new.

Not only my bras, but my pants, my workout tops, a lot of the stuff I wear regularly to work out is leaning towards needing replacing. Just ask the holes in the bands of my yoga pants.

There's a part of my brain that looks at all the really awesome fitness stuff that thinner people wear and that part of my brain is so jealous and can't wait to be smaller and be able to fit into these clothes. Then there's the entire rest of my brain that responds with:

"Please. You are such a fucking tightwad there is no way you'd pay that much for workout clothes."

Totally true, y'all.

Totally.

So I'm about to embark on the daunting task of replacing fitness gear while appeasing the tightwad and the artsy fartsy sides of my brain.

Wish me luck.

(this is totally what happens when I'm avoiding writing about stuff I'm supposed to have been writing about. Stupid Squirrel Brain.

1 comment:

Tarot By Arwen said...

www.junonia.com My sister turned me on to them. Sale area fun. :D