After spending hours working on the book, agonizing on every photo and every placement, I left the laptop with SweetPea for about fifteen minutes and she had a whole new book created. Because she's a jerk, that's why. She's not really a jerk, we just think in different ways and she can do things like this more quickly than I can.
The bonus, though, is that we will probably be publishing more than one photography book.
And that's exciting.
2. Both Monkeys have been back in school for a couple of weeks. I still can't believe that I have a high school senior. I am overjoyed that he has finally chosen a direction for his life and, moreover, that he talks passionately about it.
I'm not sure that I'm ready for a new year of homework, field trips, automated phone calls, expenses. It's not like I have a choice, but I can still decide to not be ready for that.
3. Completely without planning to, I managed to get into the Laboratory for a few hours over the weekend. I put up four batches of scrubs, including one brand new scrub. It felt really good to be back in the groove and reminded me how much I enjoy it. I have this dream that one day I can knit together a living from various pieces of things that make me happy. This is definitely one of those pieces.
I am potentially looking to start selling scrubs online (or at craft fairs?), and I'm wondering if there are any online marketplaces other than etsy or ebay? I feel like both of those sites have become too much about profiting off of sellers, and I just don't dig that vibe. If I wanted to support a website, I'd hire someone to build me my own.
If ya know what I mean.
4. I'm still lifting heavy things and doing yoga, but running has completely fallen off. I miss it, but really more than ideal of it rather than the reality. Although my last run was fantastically pain free, and I would love to run more, I don't feel guilty that it has not been a priority lately.
Although I do have to say that, when I see ads for the Urban Cow Half Marathon or the Lake Natoma Four Bridges Half Marathon, I feel like I really want to run them again. Not that either went particularly well for me last year. I think it may just be a symptom of pining for autumn.
5. My Yoga Teacher Training path is ongoing. While I have the 100 hour course under my proverbial belt, 200 hours is more standard. I have found certain studios won't even consider you without a 200 hour certificate. I'm looking into a program that starts in January, and doing self study until then. I do feel competent now to teach yoga, but I don't feel like I truly understand enough of the underlying basics to really be an effective teacher.
6. I actually have updates scheduled for you for the week, including some photos and some reviews. I'd like to make an effort to update more regularly, but I also don't want to give you fluff updates. Hopefully I can find a workable balance.