Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Photography Updates

SweetPea and I went to the Second Saturday Art Walk downtown this past weekend. The intention, every time we've gone, is to check out photography on display in galleries to get ideas about how its presented and priced, and, let's be honest, to size up the local competition.

What?

I also wanted to spend some time shooting the crowd. It's nice having our camera back in action, and sometimes I just feel the need getting out and doing some shooting.

We had a great time. It was 105 degrees on Saturday and that kept a lot of people from coming out. It was nice in the shade, and cooled off as the sun went down.

Nick Cage dancing it up at Second Saturday

We probably didn't have nearly as much fun as this guy.

I am hoping to get the photos posted this week.

Other than the photography book, I've had an idea for a photography project and I'm working on bringing that to fruition. It will probably take me through the end of the year to get a decent volume of work. Ultimately I'd like to see the project hung in a gallery, and potentially released in a book, calendar, or maybe postcards.

We'll see.

I'm also still working on the idea for the photography book. Maybe a calendar.

I'm definitely excited about it. My brain has been buzzing about it and won't stop.

It's a very good thing.

No comments: