Friday, January 20, 2012

News, Views and Lose(AThon)

Much like blogging, I've had a hard time getting back on the fitness and healthy eating track.

I started getting back on track with workouts, but then my shins started hurting again on runs. Randomly. Some runs were still great and sometimes it was so bad it felt like I had wooden legs from the knees down. Then I got sick, and while I did still work out, I was significantly limited by my lack of oxygen intake ability.

I'm trying to drag my lazy ass back out of the lazy hole. I've had some success. And some not so much.

And then some guys I know on twitter started this LoseAThon Challenge, so I signed up. Maybe I'll fail miserably, but whatever. I'm hoping, at least, it provides some motivation to get my ass back on track.

I'm tired of fighting with the scale. I'm tired of giving back progress because it really pisses me off.

So there it is. LoseAThon. We'll see.

Sunset

In totally unrelated news, tomorrow I start on a journey that will change my life.

That might be a little melodramatic.

Maybe it's not.

I haven't talked about this a lot and I'm not going to. For several reasons. Not the least of which is that I'm of the superstitious sort. Or maybe it's just because I don't want to hear anyone ask me what the hell I think I'm doing. Or who I'm trying to kid.

Because I just don't fucking know.

What I do know is that I've been thinking about this for awhile. An opportunity arose that actually could be made to fit within what I have to give and I landed on that shit.

The fact that I could swing it and the fact that it terrifies me really make me feel like I'm headed in the right direction.

I guess we'll have to see.

Until then, enjoy this little dog. I'd love to do something like this with Bixby. Except that I don't ride and he don't mind.

1 comment:

Where in the World is PixieB said...

Very nice bloog you have here