Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Naptime? Don't Mind if I Do

There's so much that's been swirling around in my head recently, and you may or may not be getting some interesting blog posts soon.

You may just be getting the same drivel as always. It's hard to tell!

Moving on!

I've been fighting what seems like epic fatigue in the last couple of weeks. It started when my earlobes suddenly became independent circles of hell (usually a sign of impending doom in the form of my period or an actual illness).

About ten long, cranky, tired days later, my period actually started. Huzzah!

Then it ended. But my earlobes were still inflamed, I was still pretty cranky and, for serious? All I really want to do is sleep and eat all the things.

I've effectively slept through the last two weekends. Getting up in the morning early enough to get everything done and workout was a joke for a few days.

It finally occurred to me that maybe my B's are deficient. I'm sure my Rockstar Recovery addiction probably wasn't that great for me, but that stuff is really like liquid crack B vitamins. Regardless of their health value, I at least knew my B's were solid.

I picked up a bottle of supplements over the weekend & I'm hoping that helps straighten things out.

Then again, I overheard people who work in my area talking about being sick today and thanks for coming in, anyway. One just came back from being sick and the other was just leaving with it. So maybe my immune system is really fighting something, after all?

Anyway!

I gave myself some time to slack off because of the fatigue, and now I'm trying to get back on the proverbial horse. It sucks because my default setting is "lazy" and my brain seems hard wired to whine its way into downtime, so I have a hard time differentiating between "need it" and "want it". I'm trying to treat my body right without letting my brain get away with shenanigans.

I think I've beaten that milestone, but I'm unwilling to call it until I've seen the number on my main gym's scale. Weird?

Why, yes, I am.

I think I've rambled on long enough, so here. Have a picture of dogs.


Right before Bixby launched himself into the back seat.

No comments: