Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Delusions and Grandeur

I'm still not entirely sure what to do with this blog. I think I was not in the best place when I wrote that post, but I'm not sure there's anything, really, that needs to or will change around here. I do have some posts pre-scheduled, and I guess I'll just see how things go from there. I think, possibly, it's hard to have so much going on in your head that you just can't put out here. I really, really do like verbally vomitting up my emotions, but this just isn't the venue for that, and that's not going to change.

In other news!

I have big plans for this summer, including what has been dubbed the Summer of Sweat, which involves both of the following:


Click for the story.

My yoga plan is to sample the "Intruductory Specials" at a couple of local yoga studios, going daily as much as possible. It's likely that I'll be posting reviews after I finish my time at each studio, if for no other reason than I will never otherwise be able to keep track of my thoughts on each of them. I don't plan on disclosing ahead of time which studios I'll be visiting, but I am open for suggestions if you're local and have a favorite.

My running plan is to stay within the range of half marathon training mileage, with long runs in the range of 8 to 14 miles, "recovery" runs, and hill & interval work. I won't be following a formal plan at this point, because, apparently, that's just not how I roll.

I haven't found an upcoming half marathon to replace my failed first. Unfortunately, I found out about the See Jane Run half after signing up for the Women's Fitness Festival 5K, which is not only the same day, but also the same weekend as Pride. Whew! We're going to be spening a lot of time downtown!

I am interested in and afraid of TBF Training's Track Attack, and may show up at some point for a session. Should I happen to work up the nerve.

I'm also kind of thinking about joining a training program for the California International Marathon. I'm not sure about this, but I have plenty of time to make up my mind.

I've also been looking into some obedience training programs for Bixby, because, obviously I don't have enough on my plate. But he's never going to learn manners if he doesn't get taught, and I'm sure we'll all be better off once he figures out how to behave himself.

Oh, shut up. Leave me my delusions, ok?

Tuesday morning I got on a scale for the first time in over two weeks & discovered a 3 pound loss. I have a feeling it would have been more had I gotten on a scale closer to my return from Texas, but a 3 pound loss after two weeks of slacking and bad eating choices? I will take that any day of the week.

PS: LOOK! Excited!

2 comments:

Arwen said...

Have you thought about running Bixby? I know that a tired dog is a good dog in the Basenji world. LOL

dolphyngyrl said...

That's one of my goals, but right now it doesn't work for two reasons:

1. I'm not fast enough

and

2. Bixby seems to need five legs, and him using mine while I'm running would just not end well. :)