Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day Thirteen - Yoga & Transformations

I totally missed the daily post yesterday BUT I don't care, because the Truth post did go up that morning, and that's close enough for me.

I took yesterday off from work because it was a quick & easy way to have a nice four day weekend. After grinding gears for so long on The Project That Ate My Life, not being able to take time off and still having to scramble when life gets tricky... It was nice being able to have a few days in a row to chill. Only missing one day of work is kind of a bonus. That means less to catch up on when I get back.

I took Thursday as a total rest day. I did very little and ate great (i.e. HEALTHY) food. I very much needed that after the work I've been doing in the gym and I'm glad I took the day off.

Friday I got up and did a class called either "Interval Madness" or "Cardio Strength Training", depending on whether you believe the website or the white board. The description of the class was very similar to what we've been doing in the Body Fit Challenge, so I was confident that I could do the class. And I totally did! I kept up and did everything and it was hard and awesome. And d'you want to know something? It's such an awesome feeling when someone thinner and more visibly muscular than yourself has to stop an exercise that you can get all the way through. Do you know how awesome it is to be the fattest one in the room but still keeping up better than some of the regulars?

As SweetPea says: YAY ME!

After class, I drove MonkeySee to school and then came home, leashed up Gomi and we walked MonkeyDo to school. Afterwards, we went for coffee.

When I got home, all I could think is how awesome my morning had been, and how great it would be if that was my daily routine, and if it was followed up with working in the Laboratory and crafting magic to share with the world.

*sigh*

Some day. Yes?

Today I got up intending to try a new yoga class at yet another club. My throat is raw and scratchy and I debated if it was wise to go, or should I rest. I know there's a degree you can push when you start getting sick, and a point you really have to stop. Unfortunately, I don't have enough experience to know where that line is for me. But the thought of trying the new location and the new class was so exciting to me* that I got up, showered, and headed out the door, regardless of feeling slightly like crap.

I am so glad I did! The class was so different from what I'm used to. Longer, more dynamic, but totally within my realm of ability. Exciting! Also, when I went into the locker room to use the potty, I discovered that there is a hot tub/spa right off the women's locker room! I assume it's a women only hot tub? It was so cool, thoguh, and I'm really excited about it. After a race, I've noticed that the next couple of days I have a hard time feeling warm enough. I'll bet an indoor hot tub would fix that! My club has a hot tub, too, but it's outside. I kind of can't wait to explore that club more.

In psuedo-related news, I'm thinking about taking one of the weekend yoga classes at the Yoga Seed Collective. Saturday is Yoga For Sleeper-Inners (of course, it'd likely be my second class of the day... No sleeping in here!). Sunday's class is called "Empty Cup", which sounds like it's yoga and meditation and drumming and I'm really intrigued... Hopefully I get to check it out soon!

*I know! Who am I?

No comments: