Monday, August 09, 2010

How Was Your Weekend?

On Sunday, while "the boys" were off doing their own thing, MonkeyDo & I had a date.

We started with breakfast:

Photo-0852.jpg
Caprese Omelette, no sauce.

My omelette had red onions, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil. It was very good!

Photo-0853.jpg

MonkeyDo was significantly less impressed with her blueberry stuffed french toast. Although she got a kick out of the huge sausages.

Next up, we hit REI where we browsed and tried on some Vibram Five Fingers shoes!

In love!

After all the problems I had getting into a pair of decent sneakers, I have been crazy interested in trying a pair of these. REI had the Classic and the KSO in our size (because, yes, we both wear the same size and we both tried the shoes on). MonkeyDo didn't care for either, but I liked the Classic a lot. It seemed like the KSO had a better sole, but it was much harder fitting my fat toes into the KSO than the Classic. Maybe I need to try more on before I decide for sure.

Hee hee.

After meeting up with "the boys" for lunch, we headed to the rink for Sunday Slaughter!

We're here for the Slaughter. The Sunday Slaughter.

Sunday Slaughter happens about once a month. It's a one hour Roller Derby bout followed by a free skate session.

Photo-0860.jpg

Of course we sat on the floor!

It was tons of fun, but MonkeyDo was pretty skittish about getting out on skates. I wasn't exactly a whole lot of help, considering that it's been over 20 years since I've been up on a pair of skates. I plan to take her back at some point when it's (hopefully) a little more quiet and try again.

No comments: