Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16, 2010

I did not end up going to yoga last night. I got rear ended, instead.

Thankfully, I am totally fine, with not so much as risidual stiffness to show for it. My van could stand a butt-lift, but I was very, very fortunate at how well it turned out.

This morning I finished Week One of the "First Day to 5K" interval program and my stats look like this:

3.50km, 26:51 minutes, pace average 7:40 minutes per km.

I am so excited to be done with that first week! I feel like that was a Big Ass Hurdle and now that I'm over it AND found it so much easier than the last time I'd tried it, going forward should be less of a challenge for me. Mentally.

I'm waiting for clarification, but I could have a challenge in the works regarding the Diablo Trail Run. I feel like 8k by October is no big thing, though. Especially since I want to do the Down & Dirty Mud Run, which is 10k with an obstacle course on Halloween.

I'll keep you updated.

Up for tonight: a quite evening at home with the Missus and the Monkeys followed by a twofer of yoga tomorrow.

No comments: