Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Haunted House - White

There's a house out in Carmichael that the Monkeys' dad refers to as the "Spooky House".

It's a sprawling, two story white house with pillars and a white picked fence and outbuildings. It sits on a large, flat lot and is abandoned.

It definitely has a certain "horror movie" feel to it.


Surely I should be ashamed to admit this, but it's gorgeous and I love it.

We drove around it Saturday and I shamelessly Oohed and Aahed.

The property is terribly overgrown. Even that photo doesn't truly do justice to the state of the vegetation on the lot. While the house looks to be in decent shape, the outbuildings are fairly falling apart.

But when I look at it, all I can see is the ghost of potential. What this property could be and has been.



Click for ginormous.

See?

And, ok, I'll admit to having a soft spot for houses that have that special "horroresque" quality to them.

If only I could win the SuperLotto, I would have a string of horror houses.

Oh yes I would.

1 comment:

Danni said...

I want it too... it's awesome!