Thursday, April 01, 2010

A Pocket Full of Puppy

I did something really stupid last night. I watched this movie:



And I don't mean stupid as in "how dumb was that movie?" But, let's face it: my house is still minus one Akita. And I really loved that punky little shithead.

So watching a feature length movie about a critter that moves like her and acts like her and was wee like, apparently, she was at some point was probably not the brightest idea I've ever had.

Of course, she was full grown by the time I met her and I can hardly even imagine my giant, regal princess being wee enough to tuck into a backpack.

While I'm a fierce advocate of animal rescue and generally prefer to save a homeless critter over purchasing a freshly minted one, I can't help wishing to, just once, start from fluffy, wriggly scratch.

And then, if I think about it, it really makes me mad that assholes that abandon their pets get to have the fun, fluffy, wriggly, cute part (even though I know it's not all fun & games, anyway).

Regardless, I still haven't entirely gotten to the point where I've started thinking seriously about getting a second dog. I'm still not even entirely sure that second dog will be an Akita.

For now, though, I think I'm going to just not watch movies about Akitas.

Again.

PS: How did so many A List actors end up in such a B List movie? I think this went straight to video. How does that work?

No comments: