Tuesday, September 01, 2009

A Hairy Situation

Did you know that it's been almost one full year since I started using the Curly Girl Method?*

One week of Curly Girl

Shortly after that, I thought I should go ahead and get a fresh haircut to go with my fresh, new curls.

Before


During.**


After.

If you've been paying attention, now you know that it's been almost a full year since my last hair cut. Now my hair looks kind of like this:
Ahem.***

Is this about the point where you're wondering just how vain one person can be? Right. Clearly we haven't met, then.

I'll also totally confess. Since it's been all, you know, hot and everything, most of the time, my hair looks more like this:

Sure, that's cute and all, but, dude, after awhile, it does bad things to your hair. Things so bad, it's best not to even contemplate them. Especially since, for the last couple of weeks, my hair has been so hot and heavy and sticky after I shower, that I'm putting it up while it's still sopping wet. Definitely not good for extended periods of time.

I guess that makes it time for a hair cut.

What do you think?


*Translation: since I've used shampoo. No, really.

**I thought about using a more, uh, flattering photo from our haircutting adventures, but this is totally why Trixie is the only woman allowed to snip my hair. She's a total hoot and I adore the crap out of her. If you're in the area and in need of snippery, give me a shout and I'll hook you up.

***I'm totally thinking about this look for Halloween. Whatcha think? I'm pretty sure I'd scare small children.

No comments: