Monday, August 10, 2009

All My Ice is Water


So it turns out that, apparently, the coffee maker may not be smarter than me, but is certainly less patient than me.

The directions specifically stated to push the "program" button "momentarily" to turn on the "automatic brewing thingie" feature. Well, it would appear that the coffee maker's opinion of "momentarily" is a little different from mine.

Ahem.

Whatever.

Hey, guess what?

My coffee totally makes itself in the morning!

I have so joined the rest of y'all in the 20th century.

Speaking of alarm clocks (yes, we were), you know how I'm doing this whole "gym" thing what with the exercising and all? Right. It seems that knowing your maximum heart rate is a good idea, and it also appears that there are some differing schools of thought regarding where your heart rate should get while you're exercising. After asking an expert (hi, Wine Dog!), it turns out the best way to find out your maximum heart rate is to get your resting heart rate, and then use MATH to find out the rest.

Turns out getting my resting heart rate is harder than it seems like it would be.

Because, you know, you actually have to take your pulse before getting out of bed in the morning. So, then, you'd have to remember to do that. And, you know. Think.

When my alarm clock starts going off in the morning, I have a hard enough time remember how I make that racket stop. Now I have to remember how to make the stopwatch on my cell phone work and how to take a pulse, too?

Oh, for pity's sake... Like that's going to happen.

On the plus side, I've been going to the gym more regularly. Probably not as often as I should be, really, but I go at least three of four times a week. Which is, you know, way more often than I used to go. Baby steps, right? And I'm learning that lots of gym people are really neurotic about the way they do their gym thing and sometimes it can be really irritating. Like the hair flip lady or the loud-talking ladies. But you know what? I'm totally not 100% free of my own particular gym neurosis, so I guess I can live and let live.

Well.

Except that cricket.

Last Friday, there was a cricket in the shower stall I wanted to use. I don't really care, it's just a cricket, he's over in his own little corner and it's not like he's going to bite me, right? Yeah. That was all well and good until the little bitch tried to hitch a ride on my foot.

He drown shortly thereafter, and that totally had nothing to do with me. I swear.

Anyway, coming soon I have pictures to share with y'all, as well as a review & info about one of my favorite mineral makeup slingers, and ohmygosh I am having the hardest time finding mineral makeup foundation/powder that matches my face and I cannot believe how difficult it is. Thank goddess for sample sizes, y'all, or I would be broke.

Also, did you know that I'm totally giving away some goodies this October as part of the 31 days of Halloween being put on over on Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom?

You didn't?

Well, now you do. Don't say I never told you nothing.

No comments: