Thursday, April 02, 2009

Internets Radio

Yesterday I drove approximately 150 miles. While I probably could have gotten to, say, Bodega Bay in that amount of mileage, I instead did in wide loops of our area, running errands that weren't mine.

And I don't intend for that to sound like I'm griping about it. The driving was almost all smooth and easy, and I actually enjoy driving when there aren't a bazillion other people out on the road. It was one of those things where there wasn't anything for it but to do it, and I'm glad I was able to help do what needed doing.

At the end of the day, though, I was pretty pooped. It wasn't so much the driving, I think, because that's really not a long distance to travel, but the stopping and driving combo that did it to me.

I had to run to the mini mart after dinner and, when I got back in the van, a song came on that I enjoyed so much I took the long way home just to hear it all.

And, when I say I took the long way home, what I mean is that I went out of the way and toured the neighborhood until well after the song was over. Because, well, it also just felt good to get out in the evening, in the cool air, with the windows down and good music on and.... no traffic.

Yeah. I'm easy to please.

No comments: