Wednesday, March 25, 2009
A Grateful Heart
I have been thinking more and more about how good I have it. Sure, things come up that I'd rather didn't. But, overall, I've realized how incredibly blessed I am and how good my life is.
Today I am thankful for:
1. A wife who loves me and supports me and makes me laugh and keeps me balanced and keeps me unbalanced.
2. Friends who love me and put up with me. Friends who know when to stand back and laugh, when to listen and counsel, and when it's time to step up and intervene. Friends who aren't afraid of being friends. Friends who are supportive and encouraging and loving.
3. Two kids who are smart, kind, loving, responsible, respectful, considerate, understanding, appreciative and observant. And pretty damn cute.
4. A job that I enjoy, with coworkers that are fun and funny and accepting and friendly, where I'm respected and valued and encouraged to continue my growth.
5. The opportunity to move forward with creative endeavors which will, hopefully, help me grow artistically and creatively, and, also, bring in some extra income.
6. Music that gets my soul moving and helps me stay grounded.
7. Having many and diverse gifts.
8. My strange, complicated, unorthodox, incredibly loving family.
9. The part of my commute that lets me pretend I'm really rallying instead of heading to work.
10. Being able to grow, change, re-evaluate and reinvent.