Monday, March 09, 2009

Conference in Dreamland


Tomorrow I will be spending my work day in a conference intended to help me do the job I already know how to do.

Hmm.

Interesting.

Surely you can guess that part of me is convinced that there is nothing they can teach me that I don't already know (because I AM that good).

Part of me is hopeful and optimistic that there will be some good and awesome thing that comes out of tomorrow's exercise (in futility).

And, of course, there's that part of me that's very apprehensive about the probability that ex-coworkers will also be in attendance.

I am working hard to remember that the correct response to the potential question "How are you liking your new office?" is "Yes, it's wonderful to work somewhere that I'm appreciated" and not throwing back my head in diabolical laughter while pointing and, also, snickering.

*ahem*

We'll see how that goes.

I have to admit to being terribly curious as to who will be there that I know and have worked with.

And, mostly, I'm hoping that I don't actually doze off during any of it.

No comments: