Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ch-ch-changes!

Yes, the Verbosery has been under construction since sometime last week when I got sick of photos being cut off at the side.

Much like home improvement when you hire the shady contractor, work has been slow going. OK, mostly because I won't even bother with it on days I have to work. I've figured out by now that it's best to just not - I don't have enough time on work days!

Things that have changed:

1. The layout. Completely different. Color scheme, too.

2. The profile section. No longer links to my blogger profile. Instead, it links strictly to my blog profile, which has also been updated.

3. Subscription options. Changed from the basic one-button to the option-laden double button. Easier for those of you who aren't standard.

4. Live Tweet Feed. Same live tweets, new live name.

5. Popular Series Posts. Remember when I had that box with all the posts about Executive Order S-09-08? How old was that? Now the box has links to a couple different series-posts. Think I missed one? Let me know!

6. Blogroll. The blog roll has been completely updated, both in format and content. Want to be on it and aren't? Let me know!

7. Labels. I pulled this. I might put it back if I had code to make a label cloud. As a list, though, it was too long and took up too much space.

On an unrelated note, I've posted pictures from yesterday's Take it to Sacramento gay rights demonstration at the Capitol. Rough estimates are that over 5,000 people were there (don't listen to the Sacramento Bee - clearly, Ed Fletcher can't count).

You can enjoy the pictures here. I was really disappointed, though. The overcast day and the long lense left me with a lot of fuzzy snaps. I definitely need a zoom lense that works better in low-light situations (*ahem* *ahem*). Also, a wide angle or fish-eye lens would be super for taking crowd shots.

I'm just saying.

Please let me know if you enjoy the changes, if you think something else needs to be fixed, if there's something you like to see. Whatever! Just let me know.

1 comment:

Dawn Fortune said...

Great blog. Wanted to e-mail you, but can't figure out how to do that from your page. Urk. Adding you to my blog roll if you don't mind. Wicked cool stuff here.