Monday, October 13, 2008

Hypothetical Question

SweetPea asked me a hypothetical question the other day, and I thought I would share it with you. I would be very interested in finding out your answers to this question, even if you do not normally comment.

For two weeks you have access to an unlimited amount of money. It doesn't matter how much you spend because there will always be more there for you to spend.

To repeat: There is no limit to how much money you spend and you have two weeks to spend it.

The one restriction is that you, yourself, can only take away memories.

No house on the beach in Tahiti.

No flashy new Bently.

No possessions for you, yourself.

However, you can use the money to benefit others, including the purchase of possessions or material items.


What would you do?


I'm leaving this up until Monday. I really would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. On Monday, I'll post mine.

4 comments:

Codejnki said...

Legally change my name to Henry Paulson.

Dooley said...

Buy a couple of structurally sound houses and use them to set up a flipping business. Blue and I would manage and our godson would be the contractor.

One of the houses, when he finished it, would be sold back to him or rented to him and would have sufficient room for him to house his kids, who need to be in his custody rather than that of his psycho baby mama.

Yes, I have been reading the news. It is in fact because I read the news that I think this is a good idea.

I'd also make some large contributions to a homeless organizing project in Seattle that does great stuff, and to a grant fund for queer artists I set up years ago when I had money.

Syrlinus said...

Buy houses and renovate them to give to those without a home.

Help those without jobs get the skills they need to do so.

Pay off a few friends debts so they, in turn, could help others.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.....pay off my girlfriend's student loans. Buy my wife a home both in Seattle and New Englad so that visiting her kids and grandbaby would be easier. And that's just a start