Monday, October 13, 2008

Hypothetical Answer

What would I do if I had an unlimited amount of money to spend, two weeks to spend it, and could keep no material possessions for myself?

First, I'd abuse a little loophole. Since the house is in SweetPea's name (shut up and I know), I would pay off her house. And then I'd buy her a new vehicle. Or three. OK, and probably a matching set of motorcycles.

And then I'd get serious.

I'd set up and give significant funding to a non-profit rescue organization specializing in banned-breed dogs. I'd set up the means to have a shelter location or, at least, a contact and drop-off facility anywhere that a banned-breed dog would be automatically destroyed upon surrender to a pound or "animal shelter".

I'd set up and give significant funding to a non-profit organization charged with the rescue and shelter of the pets of domestic violence victims.

I'd give a lot of money to a lot of other organizations that are out there doing good work already.

And, finally, we'd pack our bags, gather up some friends, and see as much of the world as a gypsy caravan can see in two weeks.


I loved reading everyone's answers! It's interesting to see the way we prioritize things, and how we work around rules to still get things we want or need.

Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to answer!

No comments: