Monday, September 08, 2008

Evening Recap: I Suck

Sometimes I amaze even myself.

With my rampant stupidity.

OK, maybe not that bad.

There's this thing that I make with spanish rice, fake hamburger, refried beans and enchilada sauce. The first night I use the mixture and make nachos, the second night it's taco salad.

The last time I went bean shopping, grabbed a can of black beans and a can of refried black beans. I thought the change would be a nice mix up from the usual.

What did I forget to do?

Check to see if the beans were refried in lard.

When did I notice that the answer was, indeed, yes?

After dumping the can out into the rest of it.

*grumble*

I scooped most of it out and added a can of chili to make up the difference. But I totally wanted to kick myself for not looking at that earlier. Dur.

Also, we normally eat the nachos on divided plates. Today not all of them were clean, so I used our regular plates. And probably dished out about twice as much as on a regular day. Oops. I started to figure out how much more I was using than normal when I realized there was a lot less rice left than there should have been.

And then, after I ate, I was the kind of really full where I would totally like to puke.

Yes, I know I'm supposed to stop eating before that.

Dinner is, otherwise, totally representative of how my day went. In case you were wondering.

Unrelated:

I want to play with fire. Is that so wrong?

No comments: