Saturday, June 07, 2008

Move Along. Nothing to See Here.

So far, I have had just about the laziest day ever.

I got up early with the intention of going for a walk and/or run. Because I'd been in bed longer than 5 hours, this first required de-owing my body. I was feeling so sleepy and lazy but I managed to get dressed and brush my teeth and gather up my socks and sneakers. I got one sneaker on and then proceeded to sit there and read a book for a good half hour with one shoe on and one shoe off. By the time I got around to getting my other sneaker on, I knew there was no way I was going anywhere.

I did manage to get down to the farmer's market where I spent a lot of fresh produce. Mostly fruit. Strawberries, cherries, peaches (white and yellow), nectarines (white and yellow), apricots, lolliberries, blueberries. And then some avocados and garlic cheese to round things out. As per usual, it was all I could do to keep MonkeyDo from diving face-first into the half-flat of strawberries.

Then I shook SweetPea and MonkeySee out of the house and we went to breakfast, followed by a little shopping. I got seeds. I know it's a little late in the year to be starting that, but it's ok. I do live in California, so our growing season is a little longer than average. I bought the Three Sisters - corn, beans & squash. I got sugar snap peas and green beans. I also got sunflowers, bell peppers and carrots. Now I get to pull weeds from where they'll be going and get them all planted.

After that, I read some more and then had a nap.

I guess I should be working on dinner soon. But I think that, first, I'm going to check on the back forty and see what that planter box looks like. Also this weekend, I plan on getting some decluttering done in the kitchen and getting the blender out for making smoothies next week.

So how was that for the most boring post ever?

No comments: