Saturday, May 24, 2008

Thou Shall Not Fall

I was 12 years old when it came out. The year I started my period. The year I got braces. I can't even begin to describe the affect it had on my life. When you talk about guilty pleasures, this is one of mine. Because I still love this movie, after all these years, even as a grown up, even though I can see the utter cheeseballness of it.

Hearing that song taps me back into it every time.

Watching it late at night with David or Yvonne when I was 18.

SweetPea and I got it from Netflix a few months ago. We turned out all the lights and curled up in bed and I think we both held our breath through the entire movie.

Today I was watching the previews on I Am Legend and almost had a heart attack when I saw this.

At first I thought it was a remake. So much of it is exactly like the original, only new. Apparently, though, it's a sequel.

I'm torn between being completely appalled and totally turned on.

I guess I'll have to go see it to know for sure (Early Nerd Special?)

In the meantime: Corey Feldman? Honey... We may need to chat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not hopeful.
I thought the original was one of the greatest cult films of our time. Not that anyone cares...

dolphyngyrl said...

I'm sure "appalled" will be the final verdict. I have no idea how they think they can pass it off as a sequel when so much of the lines are exactly the same.

So it's like they're doing a remake but shh! let's not call it that because people might get mad.

And yes, it is one of the greatest cult films of our time, and there's nothing wrong with it that they should need to remake the damn thing and Corey Feldman reprising his role? OK, how sad is that?

Anonymous said...

I heard after the "Cory's" show... They went their seperate ways... Mainly the wife made it clear... As well the fact that BOTH Cory's had grown in WAY different ways than expected...

So yeah... You think he'd reprise his role after not "growing" in the SAME direction as Cory Haim... HELL NO...

Then again... That's how things are in life... Even EYE can apply that logic to my own life...

**AHEM... ABOUT A CERTAIN "FRIEND"** ...