Saturday, April 19, 2008

Just a Little Help!

Dear Readers,

I need your help.

I have a certificate for $25 on Amazon.com.

I've picked out a book I want to get for SweetPea - something I think will be sweet & funny, a little unexpected, and maybe an occassionally-needed boost to her ego. I'm not going to post it yet, because I want it to be a surprise. Since I've yet to actually surprise her, I'll let you know what it is as soon as she tells me she already knows.

I want a book for me!

I bought SweetPea and each of the Monkeys a bunch of really awesome books for Christmas, and I'm still sitting here with diddly.

Help me out, y'all! Recommend something. Don't ask me what I like to read, just tell me something you think I'll like. Fiction, nonfiction, hell, I'll even take a reasonably applicable self-help book. Make me laugh, cry, get angry.

Whatever!

I'll even review it if you want me to.

Please?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Devil in the White City. A twisted period piece.

Marley and Me. A guy's first dog. Hilarious.

Let me think...I've been only reading real estate and sales books since January.

Codejnki said...

From your friendly neighborhood left-wing political wacko friend, you need to read "The Shock Doctrine - The Rise of Disaster Capitalism" by Naomi Klein.

If it doesn't make you cry, it'll make you scared, and if it doesn't make you scared, it'll make you angry.

:)