Wednesday, February 13, 2008

In the Interest of Full Disclosure

I know everyone's waiting for the big announcement, to see who won last Friday's Friday Contest. I know I'm late with this, but it's ok, because I have already confirmed that I do, in fact, already have the winner's address.

There were only the two entrants - GruppieGirl and SweetPea.

As much as I love SweetPea, and as much as I love how excited she gets when she wins contests, I know she has access to a plethora of Rissues. And, also, she lives with me, so it's not like I can't just order her more if she'd like them.

No, there was no "drawing". They're going to Gruppie, and I think she'll get a kick out of them.

Also, I totally meant to email you back, Gruppie, but I got distracted, and then I was reminded that it was PTA night and then all hell broke loose. I'm sure you understand how it is.

Friday Contest may be taking a hiatus, as interest hasn't really been what I was hoping. Also, I doubt that, given past experience, the items slated for next Contest's prize would have generated even that much interest.

I have some items that I will be putting up for grabs in the coming weeks. Something that I had planned on using in a Friday Contest and a product that I have used and enjoyed and I think some of you will, too. However, the particular items that I have require the phrase "in the interest of full disclosure" in the description, so I don't think it would be particularly fair to offer them up as contest fodder. That's going to be more of a "raise your hand if you want this" type deal.

I will, of course, keep y'all in the loop and there is the possibility that the next Friday Contest will go on as scheduled. There is also the possibility that I need to step back and re-evaluate before going forward with Friday Contest.

In other blog news, I'm hoping to sit down today and write a proper rant. Y'all should know I've got a few to choose from rattling around in my head. I also need to work on a letter for PTA (y'all will be hearing all about that, as it's one of the rants I'm working on), and... oh, yeah.... work.

Further, I'm totally not going to tell you about the puppies I found that are going to be ready to go to their new homes on my birthday. Because as freaking awesome as that timing sounds like it is... We're still really not ready for an actual puppy.

Puppy-proof? Not so much.

If I keep chanting "I have patience. I can wait. It's best to wait." then maybe I'll actually get the patience.

HA.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what you're saying is that I won... Right...

That's cool...

~*~**~*~**~*~

Congratulations GruppieGirl... I hope you like them as much as I do... They are a huge help to the environment... and are easy to take care of... PLUS... Come in an assortment of colors...

~*~**~*~**~*~

~AHEM~...

Babe...

So if it's ok with you... Do you think it would be ok if you let me actually pick out my own rishues... Because I think... Especially after going to the fabric store... and that I have personally witnessed such variety... That I can take a little walk through the website... and pick out my very own... Specially made for me rishues...

Pretty please... With whips... and chains on top...

**MAKES POUTY LIP**...

Gruppie Girl said...

I am so excited!!!

Great timing. I have a raging fu with a nice dose of a cold sprinkled on top. My Puffs Plus are snuggling with me as I type.

Thank you Dolphyn!