Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bahb Would Say I'm "Aggro" Today

Pet Peeve of the Morning:

People who don't get the concept of a four-way stop.

Look, dude. It's not 1-2-3-4. It's two-by-two. So if you & the guy directly across from you are both going forward, and you're both at the line at the same time, it's both of your turns. That means you both go at the same time. Really, it's ok.

Now, this didn't hold me up none, so I guess I don't care that much. Still, though, you were holding up a big line of people, who I'm quite sure did not appreciate having to wait an extra turn, just because you're a dipwad.

Honorary Pet Peeve of the Morning:

For GruppieGirl - OMG, are people crazy?

Look, if someone's turning in to a school, that means that not only do they have kids in the car, but, also, they do this every day, so they're probably fairly good at it, and don't want to spend any more time doing it than is absolutely necessary.

What's that mean to you?

Suck it up, have a breather, use the slight pause in forward motion to finish sending that text message you're working on and get the f* over yourself.

Thanks.

Apparently, I'm cranky today:

Yesterday morning I woke up all freaking kinds of sleepy, so I thought we'd hit the Starbucks on the way to Monkey See's school. Until, that is, I got in the truck and heard the radio and we were only three minutes earlier than normal. That nixed that idea in a good way, so I thought we'd stop today.

Which was an awesome idea. Until we got there.

The cashier taking orders was, clearly, brand squeaky new. I have empathy for this, really, I do. It took a good five minutes just to get the order placed.

Like I said, I have empathy for that in-training, don't know what the hell you're doing yet thing.

Here's my issue (oh, y'all knew there was going to be an issue, so just hush):

Not only was she clearly new and learning the ropes, there was the stink of inept around her. You know what I mean. The kind of person that somehow missed the "common sense" line during construction. The kind of person who may have never stepped into a Starbucks before deciding that, really, she needed a job. The kind of person that makes everything harder than it needs to be because they're overthinking things (even though they have no apparent common sense).

What is this person doing working the morning shift by herself? I understand that she needs to learn, but why was she on her own and why, why was she on during the busiest part of the day? Also, has nobody noticed how clearly inept she is? How does this not get sniffed out during the interview process?

Yeah, because I do think that whoever hired her has no business making hiring decisions.

Really.

And it's not like it's the Starbucks I prefer (of which I know I've spoken before), where I could probably walk up to the (butch lesbian) manager, look her in the eye and say "look, kitten, sparky has got to go."

Which, by the way, I totally intend to do the next time I go there if that new blond girl is still there and she's still having as hard a time as she's been.

My point is that I don't know who the manager is, so I can't walk up to someone and complain.

If this is still an issue the next time we go, however, I will probably not be taking my business back there. I have places to go and things to do and none of them, on a weekday, ever, ever involve spending more than 5 minutes at a Starbucks. Ever.

And I had it easy. There was only one person in line in front of me. There were about 8 people in line by the time she was done taking our order.

Check that, SweetPea... I "backed up drive through" in the lobby!

Did You Guess?:

For those of you who didn't catch that...

Yes, I have a preferred Starbucks because it's run by a butch lesbian.

I don't know how they're run where y'all are at, but around here, an older butch lesbian is not a standard issue Starbucks employee, much less a manager. Further, most of her employees are not what you'd call standard issue Starbucks employees, which I think rocks. Almost all of them are stellar, too, which means I can stand going there (I am such a customer service snob).

The reason that I don't go to my preferred Starbucks during the week is that it is so not on my way anywhere. Which is so poopy I can hardly stand it.

Good Thing I'm Not On a Diet:

I brought my standard lunch today, which is a can of vegetable soup (shut up, Codejnki), but I just didn't feel like eating it. It's possible that I've been "souped out". So, I think to myself, no big deal, I'll just get lunch from the snack shop. I figured poptarts and a bag of chips.

Too bad there weren't any in there, and the snack shop was pretty picked clean.

Of course, I still didn't want my soup, so that was out of the question.

My lunch? A can of Diet Coke and a cinnamon roll.

Yum.

No comments: