Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Revolutions

Over here in the Verbose World, we do not so much believe in "resolutions". Partially because we are a fickle, will-power-less bunch. Um, ok, mostly for that reason.

I've found "goals" are easier and less intimidating. If I screw up a day, it's not the end of the world, because I didn't make a resolution to lose weight, I made a goal to eat less, move more.

Now, I've considered my "official" goal list for the new year to be pretty small. However, once I get to thinking on it, I realize it's kind of not so much. I guess that happens in the Verbose World.

My goals for 2008:

1. Eat less. Move more.
2. Rough draft by June.
3. Every. Day.
4. Work daily towards reducing our impact on the environment.
5. Work towards the two-year plan.

SweetPea has added one of her own creation. A goal that is tantamount to someone pledging to go off crack for the new year.

SweetPea says we need to give up fast food for at least the first six months of the year.

I know this is a worthy and good goal, and that it will benefit us in numerous ways.

Y'all.

I can guarantee you that there will be at least one complete meltdown over this (totally on my part, by the way).

You see, when we actually cook, the vast majority of it is done by me. I am sure there is going to be at least one day where I will come home from work, tired, irritated and with dangerously low blood sugar and totally lose it over the idea of still having to cook dinner.

And I totally know that this particular goal is going to take planning, team work, and a complete transition in our thinking. We used to be really, really good at this, so I hope that it'll be easier to get back into the swing of things.

I hope y'all had a wonderful and safe New Year's celebration, and that your new year is prosperous, joyful and spectacular.

Now enjoy some kitty.


PS: I totally know those paws go digging around in the litter box, but I still want to shove them in my mouth and nom nom nom on them.

No comments: