Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Carnival of Gloom

There's been a Christmas tree lot around the corner from my house every Christmas since I've lived here. It's not a big, fancy lot, the way they've gotten. It was the classic kind of lot, with trees in different shapes and sizes, different prices, and you could get your tree flocked before driving it home.

Last year, they closed up shop about a week before Christmas. All that was left was the fence, tent, a few straggly trees and a port-o-potty.

The fence, tent and port-o-potty were set up this year before Thanksgiving, and I was holding out hope that they were back to give Christmas tree slinging another shot.

Alas, as of this morning, the lot was still barren:

photo 3.JPG

It's like the saddest carnival ever.

PS: I have more stuff planned for you, honest. Including that stuff I promised you in that other post. Oops.

No comments: