Thursday, August 25, 2011

Comfort Zones - A Reminder

Yes, dear readers, I did, in fact, drag my ass downtown to my Awesome Tuesday Night Festivities. I have no idea why my brain makes such a big deal out of these things. Self sabotage? I guess. I've said it before & I'll probably say it again and again and again:

The hardest & most important part of this journey for me is getting out of my comfort zone.

Again.

And again.

And again.

But it's scary!

There is so much anxiety for me about getting out of my comfort zone. Which, duh, is why I spend so much time there and why it's so hard for me to step out of it.

I also know that staying out of my comfort zone is the only way I'll be able to grow and improve and hit my goals.

I know when I stop stepping out of my comfort zone, my progress stagnates, backtracks. I don't want that. I'm tired of that. I've spent too long stagnant!

I have to get out there and do the things I want to do, do the things that excite and intrigue me, challenge me, make me stronger.

Run: DONE.

I want to be stronger.

I want to be challenged.

I want to do all the things I can imagine.

None of these things exist inside my comfort zone.

Smaller shirt, smaller pants.
Smaller pants, smaller shirt, new work bathroom.

No comments: