Friday, July 29, 2011

Breakfast with Jim (Denny's)

Thursday morning after SweetPea's follow up, we hit up Jim Denny's for breakfast. Jim Denny's is a tiny little dive diner with mostly bar seating. In fact, if you sit at one of the tables, most of your "service" will be provided by people seated at the bar passing things along. It's fun and delicious and old-timey and I love it.

Jim Denny's

Jim Denny's

Jim Denny's

Jim Denny's

Jim Denny's
If you sit by the phone, you have to answer the phone. Really.

Jim Denny's

Jim Denny's

Jim Denny's
Breakfast burrito, no meat.

Jim Denny's
So much good.

SweetPea & I also split a short stack. Best pancakes I've had in awhile. Just the right amount of crispy outside, light & fluffy, not heavy and cakey.

All around a damn fine meal that you get to watch being made. The staff is awesome and fit perfectly with the character of Jim Denny's. I definitely think I'm going after the Hubcap - a hubcap sized pancake - as a post-race breakfast one of these days.

1 comment:

paulawannacracker said...

I pass that little place every day as I drive to work. Always wanted to stop there and now that I've seen pics, I probably will and soon.