Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Visiting Missouri in Texas

Wil Driving

You know I preload these posts, so it shouldn't surprise you when you're reading a post on Wednesday that sounds like I'm still in Austin. Because I am. For about 13 more hours, anyway.

I didn't get nearly as much in as I was hoping I would, which, you know, is the way these things work and I'm ok with that. I got to meet some phenomenal people, some of whom I've known for years but have never met in person. And, of course, getting to spend almost all of my time with the Missouri Dish.

Wil & Dugan

I feel like I was exactly where I was supposed to be, exactly when I was supposed to be there. Which is extraordinarily cool and makes me very happy.

Glynn Will Paddle

One of my favorite things the Missouri Dish says is that our duty as friends is to bear witness to the lives of our friends. Of course this can be done long distance and over the phone and whatnot, but sometimes, with some friends, a few days of saturation is a requirement. Maybe that's just me.

Regardless.

This trip, this excursion in Missouri Dish Saturation was exactly what I needed. I'm already not looking forward to leaving. Not because I don't miss SweetPea, the Monkeys and home, but because I feel like I'm leaving behind a part of me. That's not exactly right, but I'm not sure how else to say it.

I'll be wrapping the week up with a couple of photo posts and then I'll get back to real blogging next week. Whatever the fuck "real blogging" is.

I Love You More

No comments: