Friday, January 07, 2011

In Mud We Trust

This guy was in the February issue of Runner's World Magazine. Isn't he cute? His bib number (check his hat) is the same as my first ever bib number. I know I'm a geek, but I think that's kind of cool.
He has my first bib number! Sign?

So SweetPea turned me on to this Tough Mudder business and it looks insane. More insane? I'm genuinely pissed off that it's not coming to northern California in 2011. What kind of nerve is that? Fucking jerks.

In other Stupid Shit I'm mad about, the northern California edition of the Warrior Dash is the same fucking weekend as the Merrell Down & Dirty Mud Run. What kind of shit is that?

Do they not understand that I'm nuts and suddenly feel the need to do all of these?

And did you notice?

The Sacramento edition of the Down & Dirty Mud Run includes a night run!

How fucking awesome is that?

I'd hoped to do the 10K this year, but a night run sounds way intriguing, even if it is the 5k course. I can't decide!

In still other crazy race news, the Muddy Buddy is coming to, well, kind of northern California, and doesn't actually conflict with the Down & Dirty. But you need a buddy to run the Muddy Buddy, and, well, I don't exactly have one.

Which is kind of sad & distressing, but most of the people I know think I'm totally fucking batshit for wanting to do this in the first place.

Do it with me?

Yeah, right.

What's the craziest race you've done or plan to do?

No comments: